Sound and Bringing Media into your web pages
- Intro to Sound. Bringing Audio into your sites.
PDFs of sound lectures
- Sound Intro and Audacity
- Chapter 7 Book PDF!
- Garage Band
- Adding audio to your HTML5 pages
- Download Sample Song for your use in class
- Audio Assignment
1. A Simple Mash Up example, using Audacity blend a beat from one song into the start and end of a full second song. Here is a screenshot of a typical waveform
- Note: to export as an mp3 from audacity, you need to have this .dylib file available on your desktop to load into Audacity. I will model in class
- 2. An original composition in Garage Band using loops is modeled in this example.
- 3. Online converter You need to have both mp3 and ogg files in your submission. For your garage band project, since you can't export as off, use this resource.
- How is the design of your site shaping up? Take a look at the styling of some of these basic professional sites and if yours feels undeveloped, use one as a inspiration, or a design goal to work toward.
Free Music Resources
- Convert from YouTube Video to Audio
- YouTube Audio Library
- Creative Commons
- Free Music Archive
- Sound Makers
- MusOpen - A lot of classical here
- Free Stock Music
- Free Sounds
- Free music for educational projects
- Sound Cloud
- Read HTML Media by w3schools
- Read HTML Audio by w3schools
- Read HTML Audio and Video Properties by w3schools
- Read HTML5 New Elements by w3schools
- Read HTML Video overview - info about fallback code for Flash .swf files by w3schools
- Read HTML5 Video by w3schools
- Read HTML5 Audio on w3schools
- Read HTML YouTube Videos on w3schools
- Read HTML Object on w3schools
- Read File Formats and Compression on jisc Digital Media
- Watch Lynda.com - Up and Running with Audacity
- Watch Lynda.com - Garage Band 11 Essential Training - Just chapters 1-4
- Watch Lynda.com HTML5 Video and Audio In Depth